- Tour Amman, the capital of Jordan
- Horseback ride to Petra Siq canyon
- Madaba’s ancient mosaic map of the Holy Land
- Nebo, a panoramic view of the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Dead Sea
Sunday: Sheikh Hussein Bridge / Jerash / Amman
- Drive from Tel Aviv through Jerusalem to cross the Jordanian border at the Jordan River Crossing/Sheikh Hussein Bridge.
- Proceed to Jerash, an ancient Roman city of the Decapolis, featuring colonnaded streets, baths and a hilltop temple – located in the fertile heights of the Gilead Region.
- Continue to Amman for a tour of Jordan’s capital city.
Overnight in Amman.
Monday: Petra / Amman
- Travel to the Petra area and take a horseback ride to the Siq canyon.
- Proceed on foot to Petra – known as Sela or Edom (red rock). Petra was the ancient capital of the Nabateans from the second century to the second century CE.
- Visit historic monuments, such as the Treasury, known as El Khazneh (located at the site of a Nabatean king’s tomb), ancient obelisks and an age-old altar (Jebel al-Madhbah). From this vantage point, you can see the entire city of Sela (Edom).
- Head to Wadi Musa Village (the Valley of Moses), a popular visitor area.
Overnight in Amman.
Tuesday: Amman / Madaba / Mt. Nebo / Jerusalem or Tel Aviv (return location)
- Ride to Madaba to see the ancient mosaic map of the Holy Land as well as historical sites and ruins.
- Head to Mt. Nebo, approximately 10 kilometers away. From Mt. Nebo, Moses first cast his eyes upon the Promised Land. You can see the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Dead Sea from this panoramic site.
- Visit to the remains of a Madaba Byzantine church that feature a remarkably well-preserved mosaic floor.
- Drive back to the Israeli border and continue through Jerusalem to Tel Aviv.
Tours over Jewish holidays and August are subject to hotel confirmation and restrictions.
|HOTEL PLAN||Superior Class - Plan A||First Class - Plan B||Tourist Class - Plan C||Nights|
|Amman||Regency Palace||Grand Palace||Liwan||1|
|Petra||Nabatean Castle||Petra Panorama||Petra Palace||1|
Guaranteed departure every Sunday from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem with 2 or more passengers.
The trip is part of an organized coach tour; it is not a private tour.
- Bus transportation from Tel Aviv to the Israeli/Jordanian border and back.
- 2-night hotel accommodation including breakfast (dinner is available at extra cost)
- English-speaking guide for 3 days (Spanish available on some tours).
- Air-conditioned van/bus during touring days.
- Entrance fees according to the itinerary.
Rates do not include:
- Tips to guide, driver, etc.
- Traveler’s medical and baggage insurance.
- Border taxes when crossing from Israel to Jordan and from Jordan back to Israel.
- Entry visa to Jordan.