- Tour Amman, the capital of Jordan
- Horseback ride to Petra Siq canyon
- Madaba’s ancient mosaic map of the Holy Land
- Nebo, a panoramic view of the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Dead Sea
Day 1 – Sunday: Sheikh Hussein Bridge – Jerash – Amman
- Drive from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem to the Sheikh Hussein border crossing for procedures to enter Jordan.
- Proceed to Jerash – city of the Decapolis, located about 45km north of Amman in the fertile heights of the Gilad. Visit the ancient Roman city with colonnaded streets, the baths and the hill of the top Temple etc.
- Drive to Amman for a panoramic city tour of the Jordanian capital.
Overnight in Amman.
Day 2 – Monday: Amman / Petra
- After early breakfast, leave the hotel and travel south on the road to Wadi Musa, the modern village of Petra.
- Walk, or ride on horseback, to the “Siq” (canyon) and then on foot into Petra, known as “Sela Edom” or red rock city, the ancient capital of the Nabateans from the 3rd century B.C. to 2nd Century A.D. Visit the most interesting monuments such as the Treasury, El Khazneh (a tomb of a Nabatean king) then the field of tombs, obelisks, the altar, (Al Madhbah) – from this point you can view the whole of the rock city, then back to Wadi Musa village.
Overnight in Petra
Day 3 – Tuesday: Petra – Madaba – Mount Nebo – Allenby Bridge – Jerusalem – Tel Aviv
- Drive to Madaba to see the ancient mosaic map of the Holy Land and ruins of historical sites.
- Continue about 10kms. to Mount Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. From there you will see the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Dead Sea etc.
- Visit the remains of the Byzantine church with a mosaic floor.
- Drive to the border and onwards to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
Tours over Jewish holidays and August are subject to hotel confirmation and restrictions.
|HOTEL PLAN||Superior Class - Plan A||First Class - Plan B||Tourist Class - Plan C||Nights|
|Amman||Regency Palace||Grand Palace||Liwan||1|
|Petra||Nabatean Castle||Petra Panorama||Petra Palace||1|
Guaranteed departure every Sunday from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem with 2 or more passengers.
The trip is part of an organized coach tour; it is not a private tour.
- Bus transportation from Tel Aviv to the Israeli/Jordanian border and back.
- 2-night hotel accommodation including breakfast (dinner is available at extra cost)
- English-speaking guide for 3 days (Spanish available on some tours).
- Air-conditioned van/bus during touring days.
- Entrance fees according to the itinerary.
Rates do not include:
- Tips to guide, driver, etc.
- Traveler’s medical and baggage insurance.
- Border taxes when crossing from Israel to Jordan and from Jordan back to Israel.
- Entry visa to Jordan.