Israel is a land of unlimited possibilities: unlimited potential, unlimited variety, and unlimited passion. Israel is the land of the Bible: the land of David and Saul, Solomon and Herod, Jesus and Salah a Din. For a thousand years, this small land, located at the intersection of Europe, Africa and Asia produced and exported a culture of wine to the world. Modern Israel ‘s wine renaissance and its vibrant wine industry is once again recognized as a global leader.
Israel’s Wines are On the Map-Kenes Tours Invites You to Imbibe in the Best of Israel with our Full-Bodied Wine Tours!
Today, Israel is literally covered with some of what are recognized internationally as the best wineries in the world. These wineries, operated by local winemakers passionate about their craft and inspired to innovate, often open their doors to tourists-offering guided tours, tastings, and workshops which help orientate visitors to better understand the wineries’ and vineyards’ history and current operations while providing parallel knowledge regarding their respective regions and Israel in general. Many of Israel’s wine-producing areas, but specifically the Galilee, Golan Heights, and Judean Hills in particular have been recently recognized by Wine Spectator Magazinefor their prowess and diversity. In fact, this year Condè Nast Traveler has ranked Israel as the #3 hottest wine destination, solidifying Israel as a ‘must-visit’ country for true wine aficionados.
In additional to having a firm tradition for making the finest quality products, Israeli wineries have created a splendid marriage between time-honored methods and modern day technologies and innovation to create truly exquisite varieties that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Sitting on the ancient hidden remains and terraces of an ancient Nabatean vineyard at Carmey Avdat Winery in the Negev desert, where excellent wines are produced by utilizing production methods consistent with desert ecology, and in so doing acquire a unique desert aroma and taste.
- Visit Kibbutz Sde Boker in the Negev desert and hear the story of its settlement in the desert as an equal society and learn about its most famous member, Israel’s first Prime Minister David Ben Gurion.
- Visit the special mountain village of Kfar Tikva, a unique model of community living in Israel which encourages people with disabilities and special needs to develop and realize their potential. Located in the village, Tulip Winery takes special care to employ residents of the community in its wine production while encouraging involvement and promotion of joint activities. Alongside producing many fine and full-bodied wines, Tulip Winery has become Israel’s largest boutique winery.
- Visit the charming town of Zichron Yaakov, founded by the pioneers with the generous assistance of the Baron Rothschild. The town has a long-standing heritage of winemaking expertise.
- Visit the mystical city of Safed and explore the sights of the Sea of Galilee
- Eat lunch at Moshav Tal Shahar’s Shvil HaEzim (Goat Trail) organic farm, complete with a boutique tasting of their locally grown goat cheeses.
- Amongst the finest terroir in the Judean Hills, Tzora Vineyards owns several different vineyards, each with varying soils and meso-climates. Visit the winery and meet with founder Ronnie James and winemaker Eran Pick and discover their passion for their craft as you taste the prolific wines produced here.
- Located on the slopes of Mt. Meron, visit Or Haganuz Winery. Winner of the prestigious international ‘Terravino’ prize for world’s best boutique winery, you will have an opportunity to learn about the kosher winemaking process and taste some of their wines.
- Enjoy a tour and tasting at the Golan Heights Winery. Learn how this iconic Golan institution has played a central role in strengthening Israel’s international brand as a global player in the industry.
- Participate in a thrilling Jeep Tour in the Golan Heights.