DAY 1: POLAND BETWEEN 2 WORLD WARS
- Learn about Poland between the World Wars, understand the political situation of a state that disappeared from Europe for 120 years and was built again after World War One.
- Visit places of Polish and Jewish interest in Warsaw, including the new Polin Museum n and the Museum of Polish uprising, the Jewish cemetery, the Ghetto Wall and the Nozyk synagogue.
- Tour the Polish Palace, the Old Town and the historical monuments in Warsaw.
DAY 2: GHETTO PERIOD 1939-1941. ESTABLISHING THE LABOR CAMPS
- Today’s emphasis will be on the first few years of the Nazi regime in Poland, the status of the Jews and the building of the Ghetto.
- Travel to Lublin. Visit the Majdaneck Death Camp.
- After a memorial ceremony, visit the Old Town of Lublin, including the local theater to learn about the Polish history of Lublin.
DAY 3: NAZI IDEOLOGY IS PRACTICED IN POLAND
Traveling to the Belzec Death Camp next to the eastern border of Poland, an area where the Nazis built a series of death camps: Belzec, Treblinka and Sobibor.
Continue via Galicia to Markowa, a small village where local Polish families saved Jews.
Arrive in Krakow, visit the Old town of Sukenitse, and the Jagiellonian University , the oldest in Europe
DAY 4: THE CULTURAL CAPITAL OF POLAND – KRAKOW
- Start the day at the Wavel Hill where the city was founded.
- Continue to the Old City
- Visit the Ghetto area in Podguza, the Plaszow labor camp for Polish and foreign citizens. Meet with a local gentile who saved Jews during the war.
- Visit Kazimierz and see some of the synagogues which have been converted into museums
DAY 5: THE FINAL SOLUTION (AFTER THE WANNSEE CONFERENCE JANUARY, 1942)
Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau, symbolizing the “Final Solution”, followed by memorial ceremony.
DAY 6: ANTISEMITISM IN POLAND AFTER THE WAR (KIELCE, JULY 1946)
On the way to Warsaw visit Kielce, site of the 1946 pogrom.
DAY 7: DEPARTURE DAY
- Visit the Rappaport monument and learn about the rebuilding of Warsaw after the war, the Communist Era and the Cold War.
- Transfer to airport for the return flight.
*Itinerary is subject to change pending circumstances beyond our control*